Nepal Shall Rise Again

>> Sunday, May 3, 2015

By Ajay Pradhan | May 2, 2015

A quake that struck
In a land that's far
Where the earth that shook
As in times of war

Oh, the Nature's power
Reduced to rubbles
The Dharahara Tower
And magnificent temples

Many a small houses
And buildings tall
Crumbled and collapsed
Crushing helpless souls

All that I could do
Was watch, horrified
With a heart that broke
And a mind, terrified

The chest that heaved
The throat that choked
Knees that wobbled
And tears that flowed

Distressed for the safety
Of the loved ones there
After many a frantic calls
Did I learn, safe they were all

But a week has passed, and
The heart is in desolation
As the more that I learn
Of the terrible devastation

Such is the pain
In the fragile heart
And unsettling agony
In mind's every part

From the nation in pain
I feel bad that I am far
But my motherland is always
Right in my heart

Though shaken is my soul
And my broken heart cries
I know that it'll heal again
As surely shall Nepal rise




Note: 

I am reactivating "Humanature Journal" blog after a hiatus of five years. Last week's major earthquake in Nepal has opened a floodgates of emotions in me, which I think and hope will become expressed through my words.

I had closed the blog from the public for personal and professional reasons in 2010. I have retained some of the blog entries from until 2010 and I have removed from public view many others.

In the coming days, I will post on this blog some other pieces I wrote and posted on social media during the hiatus in the coming days.

0 comments:

About This Blog

Humanature Journal blog is maintained by A.S. Pradhan.

Disclaimer

Opinions expressed on this blog are personal opinions of the writers, not of the organizations they are associated with.

  © Blogger templates Shiny by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP